Please see the following traffic advisory from the Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) – Tim.
DCR Traffic Advisory: DCR Restricting Traffic on Several Roadways to Accommodate the Head of the Charles Regatta
The Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) will institute several road closures, lane restrictions, and parking bans along the Charles River Parkways to accommodate the Head of the Charles Regatta. All times are approximates and are based on public safety recommendations.
Memorial Drive in Boston between Western Avenue and Fresh Pond Parkway
Saturday, October 17, 2015
9:00AM to 6:00PM
Sunday, October 18, 2015
9:00AM to 7:00PM
WHEN: Currently in effect to Sunday, October 18, 2015
WHERE: There will be NO PARKING allowed at the following locations:
• Greenough Boulevard in Watertown and Cambridge (closed due to ongoing roadway construction).
• Soldiers Field Road parking lots 1-4 will be closed until Sunday, October 18, 2015 at 8:00PM.
• Soldiers Field Road Eastbound and Westbound.
• The following Memorial Drive parking lots will be closed from Thursday, October 15, 2105 at 6:00PM to Sunday, October 18, 2015 at 8:00 PM:
o Riverside Boat Club
o Magazine Pool driveway
o MWRA Cottage Farm Pump Station lot
• There will be no parking from #980 Memorial Drive to Hawthorn Street in Cambridge, (Memorial Drive to Mt. Auburn Street) from Saturday, October 17, 2015 at 8:00AM to Sunday, October 18, 2015 at 9:00 PM.
• Cambridge Boat Club will reopen on Sunday, October 18, 2015 at 8:00PM.