The City of Cambridge will be paving Spring St and Lopez Ave later this week. Residents may notice that work has already begun in preparation for paving on Friday. Here is a notice from Cambridge DPW about the work being done and what to expect:
SPRING ST & LOPEZ AVE PAVING
Paving Scheduled for Friday, August 31
The City’s contractor, DeFelice Corp., will pave Spring St (from First St to Fulkerson St) and Lopez Ave on Friday, August 31(weather permitting). Work hours for the paving operation are 7 AM to 5 PM. During paving, Spring St and Lopez Ave will be closed to vehicle traffic.
What to Expect During Paving:
- There cannot be any cars parked on the street during this work. Please be sure to check “No Parking” signs to avoid being ticketed and towed.
- Vehicle access in and out of driveways will be restricted during paving. Please plan vehicle trips accordingly.
- During the paving operations, impacted residents can park at the City’s First Street parking garage. Parking is free, if you have a Cambridge resident parking permit and exit the garage by Saturday evening.
- Signage and police details will be in place to assist neighbors, but drivers are encouraged to seek alternate routes.
- Paving is weather dependent, and may be rescheduled due to rain.
If you have any questions regarding paving, please contact Katherine Watkins, Supervising Engineer at 617.349.4751/ email@example.com or Rebecca Fuentes, Assistant Commissioner at 617.349.6948/ firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have any special need or disability, please contact us to arrange for any special accommodations that will be necessary.
We apologize in advance for any inconvenience you may experience, and thank you for your continued patience. We hope you enjoy these improvements once they are completed.
Katherine Watkins, P.E.
Cambridge Department of Public Works